PIZZA PARTY! NEW ADDITIONS IN THE SHOP
We are in full holiday mode around the farm, and we are loving how our efforts have transformed our house into a holiday wonderland. We have been mad for plaid and working hard to get everything perfect for our last holiday event. Our annual Holiday Open House at Teaselwood Farm 4550 State State Road, Skaneateles NY will be on Sunday the 13th from 3-6. We will have lots of items from our online shop as well as introducing some items that aren’t even listed in the shop yet. These would be a perfect way to surprise that special someone!
We wanted to have one more new product release before the holidays end; our theme is Pizza Party! We LOVE pizza around here and usually have it at least once a week.
We find that it is so easy to make homemade pizza that we tend to make it over take out. With a few of the right tools, you will never miss not having the pizza guy on speed dial. A good quality pizza stone makes all the difference in the world, and our gorgeous pizza peels make getting your pie to the oven and back a breeze. We know you’re going to love making your own pizza so much we have included our recipe.
- 2 packets (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
- Pour 1 1/2 cups warm water into a bowl dissolve sugar and sprinkle with yeast let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, and salt into yeast mixture. Add 1-cup of flour at a time and mix with stand mixer flour. Keep adding flour a 1/2 cup at a time till dough is not too sticky.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and press into a circle a rolling pin can also help.
- Lightly cover a pizza peel with a thin layer of cornmeal and now you are ready to add the toppings.
Some of our favorite toppings are sausage, broccoli, and onion, be creative you will be surprised at some of the combinations that you will make. With New Year’s Eve in the back of our mind, we also love the idea of a New Year's Eve pizza party where each of the guests bring their favorite toppings. Have a bunch of pizza doughs ready and you have an instant interactive party.