Fall has certainly arrived here in Skaneateles, NY. With a family and growing business, I don’t get many leisurely mornings. Sometimes, I just have to carve out time for relaxing with a mug of coffee and a great magazine. I find a lot of inspiration in different magazines such as House & Home, Country Living, and Southern Living.
Speaking of inspiration and magazines, we had some exciting news around Teaselwood Design. I am thrilled to share with you that our house- Teaselwood Farm was featured in American Farmhouse Magazine Fall/Winter 2015 !
I have been on pins and needles waiting for the issue to come out, and it did not disappoint. When I received it in the mail I just did a happy dance; I was beyond excited to be included in this publication as I could not think of a better fit for us
Kristin J Webb-Hollering wrote the article, titled "Welcome Home." I have to keep pinching myself that this shiny, glossy magazine with our home in it is real. I am so lucky to be able to work with the talented photographer Alice G Patterson Photography to create these images found on the magazine pages.
My 5 top tips for cultivating a look:
1. Edit your space and take out anything that you do not use, like or love.
2. Find a favorite item and use that as your jumping- off point for inspiration. This will help you start the design process.
3. Bring nature indoors with plants, art, prints, and colors
4. Create layers with patina, fabric, details and accessories
5. Tell your story and create a space that has history and soul and feels like it has evolved over time.
I hope you can find some time to pick up a copy and check out the 10 pages of farmhouse living. I suggest you cozy up with a mug of coffee or tea, and find a little inspiration!
In celebration of this fun feature, we will include one free copy of American Farmhouse Style to the first person to purchase a Farmhouse Mug from the Teaselwood Design online store.