Valentine's Day Treat
Roses are red, violets are blue, I’ve got a date with a homemade heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie cake, how about you?
If the words CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE instantly solicited a pool of drool from your mouth like it did mine, you’re in luck, for I shall share the magical recipe here with you.
Sure, I have special plans with my husband and son this Valentine’s Day, but moreover, I have special plans for my sweet tooth with this homemade concoction that looks as sweet as it tastes. Yep, my sweet tooth and I are about to get reeeeal cozy and romantic this weekend. I invite you to do the same. With your own tooth, of course.
Another piece of the pie, er, cake, is our adorable heart dish from our stoneware collection. This little ditty is the whole package, cute (holding dips for hungry chip-bearing fingers to plunge into) and functional (baking cakes, pies and crisps to pastry perfection). Naturally, our showstopper of a heart dish is featured in our sugar cookie cake recipe below.
Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
2 ¼ cups Flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup M&Ms
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Combine : flour, baking soda, salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl until cream
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
4. Gradually add in flour mixture to the butter mixture.
5. Add M&M’s and chocolates and mix them in.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Press half the dough into your greased heart dish. (this recipe makes 2 hearts)
8. Bake 25 minutes (Keep a close eye on it so that it doesn’t overbake and turn into a Cookie Stone.) Sugar Cookie Mush would even be better than Sugar Cookie Stone.)
9. Serve and savor every last bite with your loved ones.
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends! I hope this recipe makes everyone’s day a little sweeter. I know it will mine. Thanks for reading.