A Turkey Day Recipe from Our Family at Teaselwood to Yours: Amaaazing Apple Pie
What would Thanksgiving be without apple pie? I mean, really. That’s like Easter with no eggs. Halloween with – GASP – no candy! Certainly not a world any of us would like to live in. So let’s get baking! We at Teaselwood just so happen to have the perfect apple pie recipe right at our fingertips ready for you and your Thanksgiving Day celebration.
Teaselwood’s Apple Pie
- 1 Pastry for double-crust pie
- 6 cups of sliced pared apples (tart apples
- that are meant for baking are the best)
- 3 Tbsp. of flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon Juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup of honey (I like raw but regular works too)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and spices and set aside, in a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add flour and spice mixture toss to coat.
- In a small pan heat honey till it is a liquid consistency should not take long. Remove from heat add vanilla.
- Line a pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with the edge. Fill with apple mixture; pour honey mixture over the top; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 ° for 25 minute. Remove foil and bake 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown.
All photos by Alice G Patterson Photography for Teaselwood Design